Sunday, September 22, 2013

M's Beauty Routine/Review Part 1

I've watched a lot of ppls "beauty picks" on YouTube. And while I was taking a bath I was inspired to make my own. This is more so aimed towards what you would use in the shower/bath tub and briefly on styling hair. Also this isn't just for girls, this is for guys also! or any other genders :P

Also I have really oily skin and I'm very picky of what I want to put on it. And I know, I know. Your really only supposed to wash your hair like once or twice a week. Well, I don't give a fuck, I wash mine everyday because I sweat hella bad every night and there's no way I'm going style my hair while greasy. That's disgusting. So I hope this will apply to those who have other skin types or will help you in some way.

Id like to real quick touch on why hygiene is important. It's just like how you're told to wash your hands often. Cleaning your self helps keep you from getting sick, disease, infections and spreading bacteria/viruses. It makes you physically and mentally feel good. Your appearance obviously improves and so does your smell :). Note: When you put on makeup ALWAYS put it on a clean face.

Ok first before we get into the actual soaps n stuffs we need some tools:

  • Sponge or loofah: 
Aren't these cute :P I have a Fiona flamingo one from Walmart :P Actually I normally just use a regular one from the dollar tree. I like the larger ones rather than the small ones. But that is more of a personal preference. You could also use ones with a stick or handle. The stick ones are mainly for your back tho.




  • Nail scrub brush:
No, I don't always use this every bathing session. But they are handy for if you garden often or really need to clean your nails. I like this kind because of the easy handle grip. good control.

  •  Rubber ducky (Pido):
Pido: Because I am everywhereeeeeeeeeeee!!! ahahhahahaa

lol I have some mainly for my son but I've always loved rubber ducks :P










  • Towel:
I prefer a plush towel. I know some people don't like that because then it feels like its not dry. (or they don't like using fabric softener.) But I'd rather feel something soft against my skin than an old rough towel. But if all you have is a rough one then that's fine too as long as its clean and doesn't smell like mildew >.<



Now that we have our tools. We're ready to start washing!

My Fav's - 



  • Dove Deep Moisture or the off brand:
This specific line from dove is amazing because it leaves your skin clean and soft, not dry.  I NEVER have to use lotion. (+ lotion makes me feel more oily, I don't like it) I normally buy the off brand just because its cheaper. But it does the same results. The exfoliating one is good also but if you use it everyday you will begin to dry out because your skin wasn't made to have that happen everyday. That one is more so like a use once or twice a week. I actually haven't tried the sensitive skin one but I would like to and I'm sure it works well also.


  •  Garnier:
Out of everything I've tried so far Garnier is my favorite. I like how they use natural oils from fruits and seeds. I like how my hair feels (in my hands while washing and afterwards). Here I'm showing triple nutrition, but the other ones I've tried I like also. Just depends on what you're looking for out of your shampoo and cond.

More on cond: If you have really dry hair, bleached, dyed your hair. I HIGHLY recommend getting a conditioner that comes in like a smaller round container. A deep cond that you leave in for 5 mins. I use one every time after I dye my hair. also any cond that you get in a hair dye package feels great also. I'm not recommending any specific kind because all that I've tried so far give me what I'm looking for. So I don't have a favorite yet.


  •  Olay pore minimizing cleanser + scrub: 
Ok this is one of those things I feel like I cant live without. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TRY THIS SHIT OUT! Its about 6-7$ and you can sometimes get Olay coupons. Ok so take a minute to feel the texture of your face. Just feel the groves, feel the oil, know what that feels like. THEN! (I like to wash my face with regular soap first and then this) wash your face thoroughly with this. Then feel the texture of your skin afterwards. OMGG smooth, clean, refreshing. It's amazing. nuff said.



 



  •  St Ives apricot scrub or the off brand -
I love how this makes my skin feel also. I usually use the off brand of the green one. It is good for if you have in grown hairs. Rub the area with this to help make them come up to the surface. I even like using this on my arms, shoulders, bikini line. I don't like the kind at the dollar tree. It doesn't leave me feeling as clean.


Other alternatives that I like -(no images for these)
  • Aussie - Makes my hair feel just as clean as Garnier. I say whichever is cheaper at the time, go for it.
  • Olay - Another good soap. soft skin.
  • Tresume - A lil cheaper, good for if your on a tighter budget. Still a good clean feeling but not as much as Garnier. Also! the white one is good for mixing with hair dye. I'll write a journal about why and that process later :)
  • Suave - I put this here because if I were like extremely broke this is what I would buy, but I'd probably wash more than once. And also cuz I like the vanilla one :) *sniffs Mikeys hair*
  • Axe - lol yes. I use my bf's soap. I like how it lathers up but it can leave you a little more dry.

What I've tried and didn't like -
  • Vo5 - Doesn't feel like its doing anything. I still feel greasy. Even my friend David says he doesn't like it. Sure it might smell good and is cheap but that doesn't mean its doing its job.
  • Washcloth - If you dont have a sponge I actually recommend just using your hand. On a washcloth it feels like the soap just stays there and doesn't lather up enough.
  • Baking soda - http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-shampoo/    My friend was talking about trying this out. This is a good site, and the idea behind it is good. But I tried it and I just didn't like it. But hey, give it a shot and if you don't like it you can always wash your hair with your normal shampoo again.

What I would like to try -

  •  Redken:
I love their 23 hair spray and the 06 rewind. But it's expensive >.<







Now that your all clean. Time to get out and put your hair in a towel. I say this because, 1) If you put on a shirt right afterwards it will drip on it and get wet and annoying. 2) Unless your going to go straight to blow drying your hair, put it in a towel.

Also: If you do plan on blow drying your hair you need it a certain % wet. Not soaking, but not starting to dry either. So it's best to just towel dry it or put in a towel for a few mins until you get to it. Then begin the hair styling process, but that is for another journal :) (part 2)

I hope you enjoyed this and learned something. GIVE THE OLAY STUFF A TRY! If you don't like it, your fucked up jk jk! Then give it to a friend as a gift, and they might like it :)


Hmm I normally add a video...

ERNIE IS NAKED! with his pido :D








No comments:

Post a Comment